Your Life Must Suck

Your Life Must Suck

Everyone has their own path. No two persons is the same – similar, but not the same.

When people get to know me and some of my “disabilities” it almost always follows with “That sucks.” or “Your life must suck.” It’s so hard for me to understand why anyone would ever say that to another person. We all have issues that we have to fight through everyday. Some people just don’t acknowledge them at all and instead pretend like they’re life is perfect.

This all comes from how every day going to work my co-workers will say “You look tired.” Then they would come up with crazy and sometimes very unprofessional reasons as to why I look tired or would possibly be tired. No matter how many times I explain to them that I am in fact not tired, but instead I suffer from a variety of sleeping disorders – I still get the comments. Once any of them actually take the time to listen, they almost always say “Your life must suck.”

Another thing that is hard for me is the darkness. I pretty much can not walk into an area of total darkness or even around it most of times. A sense of danger flows through me and I immediately and can’t move. People will laugh at that and it’s yet again… really hard for me to understand why anyone would laugh. I get that mostly children are scared of the dark. A lot of things carry from childhood quite often.

I personally believe the things we have to overcome every day is what makes us who we are. Some are more debilitating than others, but it’s who we are as an individual. I don’t think anyone’s life sucks just because they have to fight harder to do normal things. I think that’s makes them strong, courageous, and an inspiration to others. Sometimes those are the people who are the strongest.

16 comments on “Your Life Must Suck
  1. Sarah says:

Not gonna lie this image is CREEPY, but so are my fears so Im pretty sure that means that you nailed it! You are a very talented Charleston South Carolina conceptual photographer

2. Mindy says:

Wow! I’m so interested to hear about your journey on becoming a conceptual photographer! I would love to do a session like this next time I’m in Charleston, South Carolina! Truly incredible

3. Callie says:

This is AMAZING. I had no idea Charleston had such an amazing conceptual photographer!

4. Terra says:

This image is haunting and real and conceptual, I’m in awe of your photographer skills and happy you’re located in Charleston South Carolina!

5. Lauryn says:

You are an amazing conceptual photographer! I would love to come see more of your work next time I’m in Charleston, South Carolina!

6. Kendra says:

Wow! Amazing! Charleston South Carolina is really lucky to have your conceptual style! Truly unique!

7. Dani says:

This image… OMG!!!!!! Ive been looking for a conceptual photographer, are you close to Charleston south carolina? Id love to set something up

8. Christina says:

You are such a talented and creative photographer! Charleston is so lucky to have you!

9. Daisy says:

I always loving coming across a great conceptual photographer, especially one in my hometown of Charleston, SC! Your work is phenomenal and inspiring. <3

10. Laura says:

I love that image! You are a talented conceptual photographer for sure!

Do you ever travel outside of Charleston? I’d love to collaborate but I’m not sure when I’ll be in SC next!

11. Dani says:

Ive recently moved to Charleston South Carolina and the thought of a shoot with a Conceptual Photographer has been on my mind, I will be emailing you !!

12. Alysse says:

I’m sad that I never visited your website before. You are incredible! And I love that you are doing a different spin on photography. Seriously. So refreshing. If I ever need a Charleston South Carolina Conceptual Photographer you will be the first one I call. So impressed!!!!!

13. Clara says:

I looked through your gallery and I was just blown away by how beautiful your images are. I have been wanting to work with a conceptual photographer for a long time. Do you travel outside of Charleston or should I come to you?

14. Bethany says:

Looking at your work blows me away. Conceptual photographers need to take notice, because there is something in that charleston south carolina water.

15. Heather says:

All of your conceptual photography is breathtaking and awe-inspiring. Charleston South Carolina is lucky to have you!